No one reads this.

I'm going to run a half marathon in March of 2014.  I don't care that no one knows about it, I'm just doing it and I'm not going to talk about it or post pictures about it on the internet afterwards like an attention-deprived adult-child.  I am also going to do a couple of 5K races, not themed ones, just timed ones, for charity in between now and March.

I got some lousy accreditation online in and in person, which I know doesn't REALLY amount to anything in the bigger picture.  Environmental Law Certification and Intellectual Property Law Certification (both of which were done online and frankly do not mean anything to a future boss), and I did a beginner Spanish course, which basically went over everything I learned in High School Spanish.

I really haven't moved anywhere with my life in the past 12 months.  It is December now and I have had only one job this year, which was for 3 months, it was 10 hours a week, unpaid, and an internship, for a small law firm, and in a field of law with completely uninteresting cases.  I don't want to end up bagging groceries for rich old pratts, work in retail, or getting paid 9 bucks an hour with a Bachelors from not just a university, but a GOOD university, all because I didn't meet the right people at the end of college or take the right opportunities at the right time when the iron was hot when the iron has been cool from three frozen winters.  I also don't want to end up as some lousy "full-time freelancer" because that isn't a real office job where I earn a salary as verified by the IRS, where I can be normal and pay taxes and save to have a house or whatever BS version of the American Dream there is left.

I don't really have many positive influences in my life right now, so I kind of have to start with myself.

I have some really high goals for myself this year.  I want to learn the Spanish language completely, thoroughly and know every difficult contour and exception to linguistic rules.  I'm not going to make the mistake of taking an uncomfortable "in-person" course, sitting next to 6-12 weirdos that I don't know, because that format doesn't work for me.  I am more of a "reading/writing" type of person, which is why I excelled at Latin.  From Latin, I know the underlying contours of grammar of any language, therefore from a language, all I really need to know is verb structure, common nouns and adjectives, and anything unusual with sentence formation or common phrases.  In 2014, I would like to learn German, Gaelic and Italian.  I can do all this in my spare time if I'm not bogged down with calculating future expenses or pressed to do "social things" by annoying sycophants.

I've taken steps to block people out of my life that have been a negative influence upon me, that use public pressure to cause me to drink and I am an alcoholic, which is my one real weakness.  I can only have half a pint of beer and I am dizzy.

I want to do more camping this year, I want to do more travel across Texas and see sights across Texas that I wouldn't see if I were indoors all day.

Some fitness goals:  I want to get to 145 pounds again, the weight I was when I was 18, incredibly fit, doing rugby and being incredibly active where I was exercising and ended up red all over at the end of the day needing a cold shower or cold swim to cool off.  I want to get AT LEAST a 4 pac.  I don't want to "bulk up", I just want to get "Bruce Lee" fit.

I might also do a martial art.  I will definitely do weekly or bi-weekly yoga.

I'm not going to buy any first-hand books.  Everything will be second-hand from half-price books or online second-hand.

random insert:

http://womenlaughingalonewithsalad.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMRwwISAgQ4

I'm good at learning how a system works and finding the cracks and flaws within the system.  I can debug the errors if given something in return.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Places Not Visited by William Shakespeare

Sanity, Culture, and Global Customs and Mores Versus Globalization Theory